Di Rollo of Musselburgh was established in 1897 by Domenico Di Rollo who came over to Scotland from Roccassecca, a small Italian village near casino, to start his ice cream and confectionery business in the east coast fishing town of Musselburgh. Within a few years he had a few shops and the business was thriving. In the early 50’s his son began to establish the wholesale side of the business, which was to grow steadily, and resulted in new premises being built in 1977. By this time there was a third generation of Di Rollo’s running the firm. Young Domenics sons Reno and Kevin continued the business bringing new and innovative flavours of Ice Cream and Sorbets, and such delights as cassatta and Ice Cream Gateaux. Their Sister Elaine took over the running of the family shop in Bridge Street in 1986 selling 20 flavours of Ice Cream and introducing an extensive range of Luxury Belgian Chocolates, packed and hand ribboned. This was in addition to the wide range of fine confectionary. Business continued to grow to such an extent that by 1992 new premises were once again required, the latest factory was completed and in production by April 1994, it complies with all the latest EU directives for food premises and is capable of producing 650 litres of Ice Cream per hour. Di Rollo’s are proud of their Ice Cream Factory and Retail Shop. They hope to continue to serve their customers for generations to come.